Monday, February 10, 2014

Winter Update ~ We're Still Here Farming and Gardening!


You have no idea how much I've missed writing here to all of you readers and friends, a big thank you to those of you who checked back in regularly and sent nice comments, that means a lot to me.  I did take time off writing, but all the same farming and gardening rhythms of each season have continued.  I have so many stories and pictures to share over the next few weeks as I bring this blog up to date.  I took pictures along the way as we went through a fruitful Summer, a harvesting Fall and now a mild Winter.  I'm ready to write and feel inspired, because... The biggest news lately is... We now have high speed Internet!!!  Yes, that's right after months of waiting the happy day arrived a couple weeks ago!

Throughout the Fall workers dug the ditch up our long hill, then layed the cable down and buried it, 2 months later and many phone calls we finally got it all set up.  A year ago we never thought we'd even get high speed Internet unless we had a satellite installed.  We just made do with dial up like so many others that live in the country.  Over the last 2 weeks I've spent time each day playing on the computer, catching up on blogs that I hadn't read in ages, discovering pod casts, you tube, and all the other things I can now do.  With dial up we could never watch a you tube video, much less upload one onto my blog.  So, get ready I now have all the technology to go forward with this blog, were planning to create some you tube video's to share right here.

I hope everyone of you is well and having fun this Winter, if you're like me you're ready for Spring. We have three goats that are pregnant, Zolena, Jersey, and Snowdrop, they're all growing by the day with kids due in mid March.  The rabbitry has been a big area of focus this winter with the addition of a new breed, new hutches are being built and a fenced area surrounding the hutches to run and play is in the planning stages. More to come with articles about the goats, rabbits, chickens, gardens, honeybees, the orchard, the Goldens and what's been happening around the Farm.


2 comments:

LuckyRobin said...

It's nice to see a post from you again. Looking forward to reading about your goats and rabbits.

kim puzio said...

so glad to see you are all ok. looking forward to news of your farm and baby goats and of course, news on jersey :)