Thursday, April 14, 2011

April showers bring May flowers

I keep telling myself this as we've had so much rain over the last month and a half, and today it rained most of the day.  We actually had a couple of nice dry days yesterday, and the day before was our first nice sunny day in over a month.  I worked outside in the garden both days, weeding and pruning, Spring is a busy time I have so much to do.  I truly enjoy the time outdoors working hard, and the instant gratification of seeing the beds look good as soon as I'm done.  This is one of my perennial beds around the cabin, I took the picture above around the middle of June last year.  The picture below I took this morning, what a difference a couple of months makes.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Very pretty! You have done a lot of work there and now you are reaping the rewards. Thanks for sharing. :)

Jewel said...

Thank you Kimberly, nice to see you. I love to have flowers in the garden, especially perennials that come back every year.