Saturday, February 12, 2011

new look for the blog

The entrance to our garden (taken the end of August). 
The fuscia colored flowers are Amaranth or Love lies bleeding,
you can also see the concrete raised bed in the background, with inlaid copper to keep the slugs out. 

I have been intending to update my blog to the newer templates for quite some time, and kept putting it off.  I tried out many different looks last night, and in the end chose a very simple white style, then changed my mind to the darker one this morning.  The primary reason was for printing purposes, in the event someone wanted to print a recipe out ( I don't have a printer hooked up to my computer, so I have never tried to print any of this), my Mom this morning said that she like the black background, we both agree it make the pictures look nice, and she said with the black background she could still print it, and it came out white.  So for now I'm back to the darker look, but have the new template, which I needed to do anyway.  Don't be surprised to see it change a little more, any thoughts or input would be greatly appreciated. 

The old design I had was from 3 and a half years ago when I first started this blog.  They've had the new designs for about 3 years, now that I'm set up with the new layout, I can add more things like a slide show, and category tabs.  I will be customizing and adding things over the next couple of weeks.
Times change! 

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love this design, specifically the strong colors. Nice change. :)

Jewel said...

Thanks Kimberly!